Sunday, January 15, 2012

ThinkPad Week 2

As I had written in the previous post my laptop has returned from its sojourn to Mumbai. My sister had reinstalled Windoze to try to get internet but that too didn't work out. There was some problem with the USB modem and I was not involved in it. So this was the to-do list I had...

  • Reinstalling Fedora.
  • Getting all the features to work right how I want it to work.
    • Trackpoint
    • Synaptic Touchpad
      • Two finger scrolling
      • Middle button gesture
      • Pinch-zoom

I have the work cut out for the week as I want to understand and learn about the options as I make it work. Hopefully I will be able to do it...

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, fans of the Thinkpads usually demand the track point (nub). It's a classic feature of the Thinkpad design and the reason is it's convenient for typists.
    Basically, if you're doing a lot of typing then it's more convenient to use the track point to move the cursor than to take your hands away from the keyboard and use either the touch pad or mouse. Since you don't have to move your hands from the keyboard to use the track point and you usually don't need more than basic mouse control while typing.
    click this link
    lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon review

    ReplyDelete